We are taking every precaution to ensure your safety and well-being at Schmidtke Dental. We’re following the CDC and state guidelines to protect our patients and staff, helping you to feel even more comfortable and safe during your visit and treatment with us.
FOR SCHEDULED IN-OFFICE VISIT
1. If you suspect that you may have symptoms of COVID-19 or have come in contact with someone who has COVID-19 within 10 days of your appointment, please call our office. We will work with you to reschedule your appointment.
2. Please arrive alone (unless you need an escort) to reduce the number of people in our office.
3. Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow proper time for our new check-in procedures.
4. We require all patients to wear a facial covering (mask, bandana, scarf, etc.) to your appointment and wear it at all times when you enter the office and until the staff instructs you to remove it. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends everyone wear a mask when entering a health care setting. This is to help prevent transmission from infected individuals who may or may not have symptoms of COVID-19.
5. We are conducting symptom and temperature screenings, for all patients and staff, prior to entering the building.
6. Maintain a Safe Distance: Please keep a safe, 6 foot minimum distance from others during your visit, when outside of the treatment room.
NEW SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
We are taking every precaution to confidently welcome you back and ensure your safety and well-being:
- Protective Equipment: Our staff are wearing KN95 masks and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), in accordance with CDC guidelines, at all times. We are requiring patients and guests to wear facial coverings at all times.
- Screenings: We are screening every patient at the time of their appointment to ensure they are healthy. We are actively doing temperature checks and asking a series of Covid-19 related health questions for all patients, staff, and guests.
- Increased Cleaning and Disinfection: Adhering to CDC and state guidelines, all surfaces and equipment are being cleaned and disinfected frequently (this was already in place prior to COVID-19). We are also running UV Light Sanitizers as frequently as possible throughout the day in each operatory. We are also asking every patient who is medically capable to rinse with a diluted iodine solution prior to any aerosol-generating procedure. This has been proven to temporarily kill the COVID-19 virus in the saliva during a procedure.
- Staggered Appointments + Physical Distancing Measures: We are staggering appointments to ensure adequate time to disinfect operatories between patients. For this reason, we cannot accept patients any later than 5 minutes past their scheduled appointment time. Please call if you are going to be late to your appointment and staff will advise you of your options based on the schedule.
- Hand Sanitizers: Hand sanitizers are available throughout the building for patient and staff use, as well as facilities to wash hands with soap and water.